Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Beginning

This is my inaugural post on this transition from "THE GRAND-MASTER'S MUSINGS" Blog. I have chosen to call this new Blog "THE END OF THE BEGINNING", borrowing that phrase from a quote by Brother Winston Churchill. It was Churchill who said, in a speech in November 1942, marking the end of the Battle of Britain:
"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

This quote seems rather poignant, as I am about to embark on another phase of my Masonic career.

This past year has been very rewarding to me on several levels. During my term as Grand Master of Masons in Alaska and through the efforts of many dedicated Alaskan Masons, the Grand Lodge of Alaska has taken a giant step toward meeting the needs of a new generation of men seeking the promise of Freemasonry. This is just the beginning and a lot of hard work remains to continue Alaskan Masonry on the path through the 21st Century. On another level, I have had the opportunity to travel across the country and around the world, representing our great state and the Masons of Alaska. I have formed friendships that will last a lifetime and have created connections with many Masons who I hope will become very close and dear friends.

It is now time for me to step to the background and let others lead our Grand Jurisdiction forward. I yield to them and will focus my attention on my personal improvement in Masonry and the betterment of those around me.

“THE END OF THE BEGINNING” will chronicle my thoughts and ideas on how I hope to improve myself. I hope that it will also generate similar thoughts and ideas among my readers on how they too may improve themselves in Masonry. And, I hope that they will share their ideas in a dialogue in how we might work together to make the world better, one Mason at a time.

Here’s to a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment